Small Business Workshop - Start-up Series
Date and Time
Tuesday May 2, 2023
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM MDT
Weekly for 10 weeks starting March 7 at 7PM
First session is free.
$100 + GST for members
$200 + GST for non-members
Statistics show that of Canadian start-up businesses:
- 42% fail because there is no market demand for their products and services.
- 29% fail because of insufficient funding.
- 14% fail because of poor marketing strategies
Designed for those new to small business concepts, this course, sponsored by the Greater Parkland Chamber of Commerce, will provide simple, concise, and practical hands-on training for entrepreneurs looking to start – or have recently started - a small business in the greater Parkland region. Over 10 weekly sessions of 60 to 90 minutes each, attendees will learn skills in topics that include:
- Goal Setting
- Creating your Business Model
- Staff Management
- Pricing for Profitability
- Competitive Analysis
- Introduction to Sales and Marketing
The sessions will be led by Dave White, a local entrepreneur with more than 45 years of experience starting, building, and managing small businesses.