Kinsmen & Kinettes Christmas Hampers
The Kinsmen and Kinettes are doing their annual Christmas Hampers and while they can not accept food donations, they still need cash donations to fill their hampers.
How to Donate:
Donate to the Kinettes (Spruce Grove and East Parkland): www.sgkinettes.ca
Donate to the Kinsmen (Stony Plain and West Parkland): www.stonyplainkinsmen.ca
The Spruce Grove Kinettes lead the Hamper program for Spruce Grove & East Parkland residents, the Stony Plain Kinsmen lead the Hamper program for Stony Plain & West Parkland residents, and working together, they make Christmas brighter for local families struggling with a limited income. As we are all part of the larger Tri-Region, both organizations run mirror programs and are able to share area donations collected through many joint initiatives and local events. Our goal is to support local families in need with food and gifts over the holidays, and last year, with your help, we assisted 1235 families in our area, and supported close to 3800 residents!
Planning for the 2020 season is well underway. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, there will be major changes to the Christmas Hamper program this year:
- The Parkland Food Bank will be administering the distribution of the food portion of the Christmas Hampers, in the form of an ‘upsized’ December hamper for all clients. The Kinettes and Kinsmen will be unable to collect and distribute non-perishable food this year, but will support the Parkland Food Bank with gift cards for food to contribute to the upsized December hamper.
- The gift portion of the Christmas Hamper program will be run completely separate from the food. The Kinettes and Kinsmen will collect and distribute gifts and gift cards to children 17 and under. Last year, we provided gifts to 1447 children in our area!
- In light of these changes, we strongly encourage gift cards and monetary donations this year. We rely on our communities and surrounding area to donate to this important, local cause. We are 100% volunteer-based non-profit groups, and can only assist those in need in our community with your help. This year provides us with an added challenge, and our primary goal is to have donations meet the need in our area at Christmas. We will all need to get creative with ways to encourage donations to support our local families this year!
YOU CAN HELP us reach our goals and support your community at Christmas by DONATING:
- Monetary donations or local grocery store gift cards will go towards a family’s ‘upsized’ December food hamper.
- Gift cards or new, unwrapped gifts for children 17 and under (local gift cards are ideal for ages 10+).
The gifts will be organized and assembled for each family the week of December 14th, 2020; in Spruce Grove at the Alliance Church and in Stony Plain at the Pavilion at Heritage Park. Due to COVID, we will be strictly adhering to health guidelines and restrictions, and kindly ask that you bring us your donations as outlined, above. For additional group and cause information, please refer to www.sgkinettes.ca and www.stonyplainkinsmen.ca.
Please direct any questions to Carolyn Dumont firstname.lastname@example.org (780) 960-0550 and to Ed Berney email@example.com (780) 903-7668.
THANK YOU for your incredible support of local families at Christmas. Best wishes for a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!
The Spruce Grove Kinette and Stony Plain Kinsmen Christmas Hamper Volunteers
Some FUNDRAISING IDEAS for you:
- Toy mountain- a visual way to show your support in our community
- Earn/raffle off ‘work perks’- time off, lunch, best parking spot, etc.
- Gift card collection/challenge- within departments, between businesses/organizations/groups/teams
- Staff each bring in 5 scratch & win cards, sell tickets for entire lottery package
- Work/team gift exchange- themed gift giving, donating to hampers Silent Auction- gift baskets, items, experiences
- Portion of sales go towards Christmas Hampers
- Receive discount at a business for items donated
- Donation collection box
- Christmas Tree, poinsettia sales
- Raffle off an item or an experience- sell tickets
- Candy jar guess- minimum donation per guess Virtual Yoga/ Step Challenge- virtual ‘Fun Run’- minimum donation to participate