Indigenous Awareness Workshop
Date and Time
Thursday Jun 22, 2023
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM MDT
June 22, 2023
9AM - 4PM
Greater Parkland Regional Chamber Boardroom
$180 + GST for GPRC Members
$240 + GST for non-Members
Economic reconciliation is estimated to boost the Canadian Economy by $27.7 Billion. Economic prosperity is found through relationships of mutual respect and by working together for all Canadians to enjoy the same social and economic outcomes.
This one day course is designed to enhance understandings in an effort to build trusting and respectful relationships with Indigenous people. Often, these new understandings result in the ability to better develop, implement, and maintain collaborative agreements and partnerships for mutual benefit and to enhance human resource relations.
Main topics will include:
- Historical perceptions
- Indigenous and Tribal Groups of Canada
- Current legal and political issues
- Societal organizations/structures
- Stereotypes and myths
- Truth and reconciliation
- Local challenges and barriers
- We call upon the corporate sector in Canada to adopt the United Nations Declaration in the Rights of Indigenous peoples as a reconciliation framework and to apply it's principles, norms, and standards to corporate policy and core operational activities involving Indigenous peoples and their lands and resources.