Creating a Welcoming Workplace - How to Attract and Retain a Skilled Workforce
A welcoming workplace is essential to fostering employee productivity and retention. Employees who feel comfortable and valued at work are more likely to perform well and stay at your company. Creating a welcoming workplace is a key part of becoming a diverse and inclusive business. Employers who tap into the full potential of the region's workforce by building a welcoming and inclusive work environment are posed to better attract and retain workers. Join on on our journey through a series of educational sessions presented by a number of key speakers and industry professionals who will guide us in "Creating a Welcoming Workplace".
How to Attract and Retain a Skilled Workforce - A Critical Conversation
Are you ready for the newest shortage and price hike? It's not housing or lumber. The latest deficit will be human capital, widespread and felt by every business sector. This labour shortage will obsolete the old ways of attracting, retaining and inspiring. Employers will need to find new ways to attract employees, hang on to the ones they have and find ways to build capacity with their existing team. In addition, many employers will see the globe as their recruitment opportunity; you now have to compete against your local competition for people and places like New York, the UK, or Brazil.
Many employers have changed how they work, and as we come out of the pandemic, employers and employees will look for a new normal. What will that look like for you? One thing is for sure; it will never go back to how it was before the pandemic. Employers and employees must adapt to the new reality in the job market. Research shows exciting trends that will undoubtedly impact your organization as we come out of the pandemic.
We are heading into some very challenging times regarding the Canadian employment market. Join Eddie LeMoine as he guides you through employment trends and why the old ways of managing people may not work in the future. Eddie will help you understand today's employment challenges and how to be best prepared for a successful future.
There will be a light breakfast supplied by SandyView Farms at this session.
In this session, you will discover:
- The trends that will impact the labour market this year and beyond
- The impact the pandemic has on the way people work, and employers do business
- Why employee engagement is critical to employee attraction, retention, and productivity
- Reasons why people join, stay and leave their employers
- The successful leadership traits to navigate today's challenging times
- Attract, retain, and motivate a winning team
- Increase profitability and productivity
- Understand age, gender and cultural diversity and their influence on the workplace
- Manage and communicate with multiple generations; inspire four generations in the workplace
- Recognize their strengths as a team and work collectively to produce a more robust output
- Implement the three steps in closing the engagement gap